Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Reading Manga Alongside The Anime



 Anime I'm Watching Alongside The Manga


A Sign of Affection

I first read A Sign of Affection at random because I found it at Barnes and Noble while browsing. I don't think I

knew that I loved romantic manga still at that time. I grew up reading manga like Nana, but I didn't keep reading romance for whatever reason. 

It's important to not feel like you've outgrown your childhood

interests, I feel like. Especially the soft and cozy, romantic mangas.

Yuki and Itsuomi form a connection through traditionally unconventional

ways because Yuki is deaf. She wears hearing aids and uses sign language and messenger to communicate. The way she navigates the world and relationships is influenced by her disability, and the story follows Yuki at a crucial coming-of-age time in her life where she is becoming independent. Her world is growing bigger.


I'm in love with Itsuomi. He meets Yuki where she is at, if you know what I mean. Like not just that he wants to

learn sign language to better get to know her and communicate. Itsuomi takes things slow and never asks for more from Yuki. And the way he uses his huge, corny-finger-tattoo hands to talk in such a simple, meaningful-gestures kinda way is totally sexy too.


No comments:

Post a Comment